The portrait of A.H. Blank has been relocated to the newly expanded lobby of Blank Performing Arts Center. The college commissioned the portrait from New York artist Joseph Margulies (1896-1984) when the Performing Arts Center was first built. The painting was unveiled in 1971 by Dr. Blank’s son, Myron N. Blank, during the dedication ceremony.
Thanks in part to a generous donation by the Myron and Jacqueline Blank Foundation the college was able to expand the Performing Arts Center, upgrade Pote Theatre and make the building handicap accessible. The painting of Dr. Blank now hangs above the donor sign recognizing many of the individuals and organizations that helped make the project possible.
Preparations are being made for the “Love Letters. . .From Our New Home; A Grand Theatrical Celebration.” The event is September 10 and reservations can be made at http://simpson.tix.com