This post will walk you through the process of adding an event to Simpson’s Events Calendar.
1. Navigate to events.simpson.edu
2. Click on “Add an Event,” which is located on the right side of of the screen
3. You will be asked to log into the site. Your username and password are the same as your StormFront log in. You also have the ability to log in with your personal facebook account. Once you have entered in your username and password, click log-in.
4. You will now be logged into the system and taken to the add an event page. Here you will enter in all of the event information, including the title of the event, a description of the event and the rest of the information of the event. The time and date will automatically be formated, so you are able to type 10/30 or oct 30 for the date and it will format it correctly.
The location of the event will also populated automatically. Let’s say that the event is located in the Hubbell Ballroom in the Kent Campus Center. Under the location field you would start typing in Kent Campus Center. A drop-down menu will appear under the field in which you are typing in that says “Kent Campus Center.” Select that item from the drop-down menu and the address and building information will be populated on the event page automatically. For the room you would need to type in Hubbell Ballroom.
You will also be able to add a photo for your event. If you do not have a photo, the default image for the location you selected will display on the event page.
After entering in all of the information click on “Add Event.”
5. Once your event has been created you will see the following screen. If something does not appear correctly on your event page, you will be able to go back in and edit your event from this screen. Your event will not be published until an administrator reviews your event. If an administrator believes you can be a trusted user, your future events will be published automatically.