Getting to Know: Mike Prindle, Assistant Professor of Accounting

Simpson College has a very strong program in accounting that prepares students for the CPA exams and successful professional futures.  Professor Prindle is another one of our faculty who make that possible.

What is your field of study and Teaching?

Accounting and Finance

Do you have any areas of specialization that fall into this field?

Financial Statement Analysis

What classes do you teach?

Principles of Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Governmental Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Corporate Finance

Have you taught any May Terms in your time at Simpson?

I haven’t yet, but I’m looking at the development of a course in financial statement analysis

What can you tell us about your family?

I have a wife, Maureen, son Jason, daughter Jennifer, a Boston Terrier named Lilly and 2 grandchildren.  I’m incredibly proud of my kids and what they’ve accomplished!

What else should we know about you?

I want my students to become successful members of society with lucrative and enjoyable careers and great personal lives.

I spend time watching documentaries on TV, and I would love to be able to finger-pick guitar like Gordon Lightfoot or James Taylor. I’d also like to have their ability to write songs and collect royalties like they do – then I could retire.  Until that miracle happens, I’m happy to work with Simpson students!