Student Spotlight – Rochelle Carrington

Senior Rochelle Carrington recently accepted an accounting position at Sticks and is excited to utilize tools learned from Simpson College in her career!

What prompted you to earn your degree?
I decided to pursue an Accounting degree because I enjoy analytical thinking and have dreams of opening my own accounting firm in the future. I am thankful I am receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree because it has broadened my overall knowledge.

What is your major and why did you select it?
I decided to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting because the skills will be useful all through life. It is a great degree that is highly accepted for most business careers.

How has your experience at Simpson impacted your life?
Simpson has shown how valuable knowledge is in life. It has changed my perspective through the curriculum. Simpson challenged me to relearn how to think. Simpson’s teachers have worked specifically with my own needs and the environment and atmosphere is pleasant and enjoyable.

What has stood out to you as a fundamental part of your Simpson Experience?
Simpson College was easily accessible with the evening and weekend course schedule. If not, I would have needed to go to school during the day to finish my degree. But, what has stood out to me the most? What has stood out to me the most, is how passionate and driven the teachers are for the students. The teachers make sure the students are receiving a very good education.

What do you plan to do once you graduate?
Once I graduate I will study with the Becker Review and test to become a CPA. After I become a CPA, I will gradually take clients through a company I have already started to develop. The overall education at Simpson has shown all the possibilities I have for not only my own future, but also my children’s futures. Not only will I become a CPA; I plan to receive my masters from Drake. I am a single mother of three wonderful children so working from home will benefit my whole household. Within time, I hope to become an accounting teacher.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
I vacation in Branson, Missouri each year. My favorite vacation spot is actually Lake Rathbun. There is a beautiful view of stars at night that is highly relaxing.