Please Welcome Stacy Lindsley

The Division of Continuing & Graduate Programs Welcomes Stacy Lindsley, Administrative Assistant for the Indianola Campus

How long have you been working at Simpson?

5 years. I started part-time in the Theatre Department. I started working full-time in the Continuing and Graduate office in August.

What does your job entail? 

I am the administrative assistant for the Continuing & Graduate Programs office in Indianola. When guests come into our office, I am the first person they see. I assist both Liz Glodek, the Indianola campus director, and Rosemary Link, the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. I do a number of various duties; clerical, admissions, retention, data entry, and student registrations just to name a few.

Where are you from?

I was born in Rock Island, Illinois, but I graduated high school from Oskaloosa, Iowa. I now live in Indianola with my husband, Jim and our two children, Alex and Megan.

What do you enjoy most about working with adult students?

I love seeing them begin a new journey with their continuing education.

Please tell us about your family and how you like to spend your free time.

Our kids keep us pretty busy these days. Alex is a senior and is involved in all sorts of activates at the high school. We are busy now trying to get him ready for college. Megan is busy too. Both of them are involved in music and acting.

As for me, I mostly just run to their activities these days. When I’m not running around I like to bake and do crafting. I used to have my own bakery but now I just bake for family.

I am an 80’s gal through and through. I love old 80’s movies and music from the 80’s. My favorite more current movie would probably be Wedding Date. I know, kind of sappy.

Welcome, Stacy, we are very happy to have you on the team!