Internship at Principal Financial Group

This past summer I was able to intern at Principal Financial Group in downtown Des Moines. I worked in Information Technology as a Quality Assurance Analyst for life insurance products. I am a math and computer science major and I had the opportunity to blend my skills from both areas. It was great to actually get out there into the real world and see what corporate life is like. I learned a lot just by being in the company about work life and the financial world. I also learned about information technology and the different roles within it and how they all work together. They have a great internship program and it really helped open my eyes to the different opportunities out there. It was an excellent opportunity and I met a lot of great people. It was a good way to spend my summer and I was asked to return full time after graduation. I couldn’t have done this without the help of my professors at Simpson.

~Kylie Van Houten

1 Comment

1. Joyce glazer on December 3, 2013

Kylie
    I am so proud of you. You are not only beautiful but you have worked very hard to accomplish what you have. You are beautiful inside as well. Love to you. GG