Congratulate Jay Simmons

Share your own words of encouragement and congratulations to Jay Simmons as he is inaugurated on March 20, 2014 as Simpson College’s 23rd president.

5 Comments

1. William & Marilyn Vernon on February 11, 2014

Good morning!

Mr. and Mrs. William F. Vernon were invited to attend the inauguration of Jay K. Simmons, Ph.D. on March 20, 2014. They regret they will not be available to attend this notable event but appreciate the invitation.

Congratulations on your presidency!

Best Regards,

2. Dean Sieck on February 14, 2014

Hey Jay,

Just happened to see word of your inauguration while on SC’s website. Few alumni have the benefit of having known you prior to your arrival at Simpson. But I do, and my prior experience with you confirms for me that above all, you are an educator. I’ll never forget what you did for a few students who were so unfortunate as to have landed in the classrooms of incompetent professors. I think it highly unlikely that very many people in your position would have acted as you did–or even listened to the concerns I brought to you. SImpson has everything to do with the person that I became, and I am most grateful for that. Young lives are a fragile gift. I know the ones at SC are in good hands with you at the helm. My heartiest congratulations and All the best!

3. Rev John L Lewis on February 14, 2014

As one who grew up in Indianola and had Students from Simpson who assisted in teaching me in the 1940″s, I congratulate you as you begin your administration. I attended Simpson my first year in College but transferred to Tarkio College in Missouri to prepare for the Ministry in the Presbyterian Church. Simpson is a great institution and will continue to prosper under your leadership. My wife and I live in Nashville, TN now but return to Indianola frequently. I have three nephews who are graduates of Simpson.

4. Mark Roberts on February 24, 2014

Dr. Simmons,

I am so excited for your future as President of Simpson College. I have enjoyed getting to know you over the last few months and love the passion you bring to the position. Best of luck and Congratulations! Unfortunately, I will be traveling and will not be able to attend the inaugeration.

5. David Richmond on March 5, 2014

Dear Jay:

Congratulations on becoming the 23rd president of Simpson College. May you and the College prosper in the years that follow.