Maureen Snook presents preliminary findings of senior capstone project at MUCH conference

English senior Maureen Snook presented her academic work at the 5th Annual Midwest Undergraduate Conference in the Humanities (MUCH), held at Wartburg College on November 7, 2015.

Maureen shares what she got out this professional experience:

At this year’s Midwest Undergraduate Conference in the Humanities, I presented my senior research project in English. This project looks at Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman and how they work in conjunction with one another to shift our perception of Atticus Finch and how we as readers establish character perceptions.

Senior Maureen Snook presenting at the 5th annual Midwest Undergraduate Conference in the Humanities (MUCH) on November 7, 2015

I always think that the opportunity to present at a conference helps improve my speaking skills and my ability to articulate my arguments. This year’s presentation, although a little rough around the edges, helped me work out kinks and flaws in my argument that will improve my project overall. I greatly appreciate this opportunity and believe that without this presentation my paper would not be able to reach its full potential.

No Comments