German major Kylie Pape presents paper at humanities conference

Senior German major Kylie Pape presented her academic work at the 5th Annual Midwest Undergraduate Conference in the Humanities (MUCH), held at Wartburg College on November 7, 2015.

Kylie had this to say about her experience:

At the Midwest Undergraduate Conference in the Humanities this year, I presented information from a paper I’ve been working on for my senior capstone project in my German major. My project focuses on the Syrian refugee crisis in Germany. German Chancellor Angela Merkel announced earlier this year that Germany would accept any refugees who arrived there, up to 800,000 people. In my paper, I look at the history of Muslim people in Germany and analyze recent events to speculate about the successful assimilation of so many refugees. I’m extremely grateful to have opportunities to present research in settings like MUCH. Because I have not yet completed my research on the topic, this was a great chance for me to receive preliminary feedback and ideas of new directions to explore. I believe that my project will be greatly improved due to this opportunity.

Great work, Kylie!

No Comments