Miranda Dean

I will be attending Ball State University’s Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program in the fall. I’m really excited about the program because it allows students to have areas of specialization – what they refer to as “cognates”. Throughout my Master’s program, I’ve gained more interest in assessments as well as relationship issues. Ball State offers cognates in assessments and also couples and family counseling, and although I won’t know until I start the program, those two cognates seem like they would align with my interest areas. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to complete the program in four years – three years of coursework and one year of an internship.
Miranda also has a dog named Gideon.
He’s a tiny poodle of some sort. I adopted him from a shelter last September when he was 9 months old. His old owners severely neglected him and didn’t socialize him, so we’ve been dealing with a lot of fear re-activity behaviors with him. On the bright side, all of my psychology training has forced me to learn quite a bit about positive reinforcement, which has been really helpful for training Gideon. He’s a work in progress, but he’s extremely smart! Tricks are our favorite. I also like to do agility and obedience classes with him, which are fun for both of us.