On December 2nd–3rd, Simpson College Speech and Debate team competed in the Valley Forensic League’s first tournament hosted by Southwest Minnesota State University located in Marshall, Minn.
Both teams produced impressive results throughout the two-day tournament.
- Riley Brennan: 2nd place in Poetry Interpretation and 6th place in Dramatic Interpretation
- Abby Schulte: 6th place in ‘After Dinner Speaking’ as well as the Top Novice Award
- Lydia Magalhaes: 7th place in Program Oral Interpretation
- Lydia Magalhaes and Kelsey Schott: remained undefeated in the preliminary rounds, advancing to the semi-finals. They defeated the University of North Dakota on a 3-0 decision to advance to the finals
- Bobbi Fogle and Sarah Baker: remained undefeated in preliminaries and advanced to the semi-finals. They defeated Saint Cloud State on 2-1 decision
These four debate team members finished the tournament with an impressive 11-1 record and closed out the finals bracket. Bobbi Fogle was named the tournament’s ‘Top Speaker’ from the debate team.
It was a solid weekend filled with great strides and victories. Congratulate these members on their outstanding efforts and dedication to performing at their best level.