Student of the Week: Colton Good

I am a management major. I will walk across the stage at the May commencement ceremony, but I have one summer course to complete my bachelor’s degree. I am involved in the Collegiate Entrepreneur’s Organization on campus. We are working on business ideas and learning the process to bring our ideas to life.

Outside of school, I am a crew chief in the Army National Guard. I get the opportunity to sit behind the pilots and fly in Black Hawk helicopters to do all of the things a pilot can’t do during the flight. I have also started a business with Terry Pauling, a real estate broker in Indianola, and have had the opportunity to live out my dream of becoming an entrepreneur.

During May term I have to opportunity to travel to Germany and study sustainability and how their culture implements green living into their lives. I chose to attend Simpson because of all these unique experiences they provide. After graduation, I plan to continue with the business I’ve started and get a job in the construction management industry.

No Comments