We prefer to receive links to YouTube videos rather than large video/audio files, as it eliminates any format reading issues. We recommend uploading your files to YouTube as “unlisted”; this allows us to view them when provided the link, but does not make them public.
Audition links should be e-mailed to email@example.com
How to upload an Unlisted YouTube video:
An unlisted video is different than a private video. “Unlisted” means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends, family, or institutions to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube’s public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video because you don’t need a YouTube account to watch the video (all you need is the link) and there’s no 50 person sharing limit.
You can choose to make any of your uploads an unlisted video in your YouTube Account settings. Here’s how:
- Sign into or create your YouTube Account
- Go to your My Channel page
- If you need to upload a video, click on the upload arrow in the upper right banner and skip to step 5.
- If you want to edit a video you’ve already uploaded, go to the Video Manager
- Select the video which you’d like to make an unlisted video. Click the Edit button to access the video’s settings.
- Go to the Privacy section of the page. There you’ll see the option to mark your video as “unlisted,” “public,” or “private.” Select unlisted.
- Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button. Once you’ve done this your video will be an unlisted video.
- Copy the “Video URL” found to the right of the video in Video Manager (under “video information”) and send it to whomever you wish to be able to view the video.