Brooke Brommel: Principal Financial Group

What is she up to?

Brooke Brommel, a current Simpson College senior majoring in Computer Information Systems, spent summers working at the Principal Financial Group. She served as an intern during the summers of 2016 and 2017, and remains working for them this fall semester.

Brommel is a Business Analyst where she is able to research, document, gather business needs, and serve as the liaison between the business partner and developers.

What does a typical day look like at her internship?

A typical day includes a team meeting to discuss relevant information, meetings and emails back and forth gathering information for business needs and discuss current work, team collaboration throughout the day, and documenting everything.  Most days are not the same as the team is agile so they adjust to do what is needed – when it is needed.

How did she find out about her internship?

Brommel initially found out about Principal’s internship program through a family member who works with the company.

Why is her internship important?

Brommel said that this internship has been and still is very important – “it gave me real world experience in a career that I am interested in.  I got to learn things hands on, network with people, learn about new applications, and experience the corporate world. It also helped me to decide which career path I want to take.  I was able to take what I learned on the job back to school and apply it in classes as well as understand why the material I was learning is important.  Most importantly, it helped me to secure a job after graduation.”

Brommel is on track to graduate from Simpson in May 2018. Principal offered her a full time position as a Business Analyst upon graduation and she has accepted.

Graphic design by Baillee Furst

No Comments