Trey McCoy: Capital Crossroads

Who do you work for?

I’m an administrative intern for Capital Crossroads within the Greater Des Moines Partnership for spring semester.

What do you do?

I work on multiple projects within Capital Crossroads along with writing newsletters and social media posts.

What does a typical day include at your site?

A typical day for me is jumping into my current projects and attending a couple meetings. I like to prioritize my projects into high, mid, or low priority to help stay organized.

How did you find out about your internship?

Bobbi Sullivan with Career Development sent me information about this internship as she works closer with the Greater Des Moines Partnership and knew what type of internship I was looking for.

Why do you feel this internship is important?

I feel that my current internship is important because I’m learning lots of new and challenging tasks. I’m also meeting lots of successful people and making connections. This knowledge and experience will benefit me greatly in future internships and eventually my full-time career.

What are your next steps?

My next steps are to secure a marketing or communications summer internship within a corporate setting. I hope to secure a similar position after graduation. I can’t thank the Career Development staff enough for all of their help with furthering my professional development.

Graphic Designed and Edited by Baillee Furst