The first-year experience

It’s an experience we all remember – stepping on campus the first day of freshman year. Some were scared or unsure about what the year would bring. Multimedia communications student Christopher Shima was ready to take on his first year, full-force.

The Computer Information Systems and Interactive Media double major also has a minor in Graphic Design. Shima is taking on a full load of classes and extracurriculars right away.

“I am involved in wrestling, I am an ambassador, and part of the Storm Overnight Squad,” Shima said, continuing, “My experience here has been very exciting and busy.”

The Storm Lake, Iowa native’s involvement here comes as no surprise; he was involved heavily in high school activities including football, baseball, track, wrestling and National Honor Society. He said he found Simpson through a fair at his high school and proceeded to come down for a visit.

“[Simpson] had a major that sparked my interest and I fell in love with the campus. The Multimedia Communications Department did add to the reason for me coming to Simpson as well,” Shima said.

The personal interaction with professors helped Shima connect with the professors and Simpson’s campus. He said he can’t wait to experience everything Simpson has to offer.

“I am excited for the next for years to explode into an eventful and exciting life experience,” he expressed.