Simpson College has been fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association since 1913.
Reaffirmation of Accreditation
Simpson is preparing for a site visit by the Higher Learning Commission as part of reaffirmation of accreditation. The process of reaffirmation is called the Open Pathway. For the Open Pathway Simpson must
- Write an Assurance Argument.
- We have convened Criterion Teams, consisting of faculty, administration, staff and students, who will write the Assurance Argument.
- Complete a Quality Initiative.
- Our Quality Initiative is the assessment of the Engaged Citizenship Curriculum
- We are completing the Quality Initiative as a member of the HLC Academy for the Assessment of Student Learning
- Verify that we meet the Federal Compliance Program
The site visit will be in 2015-16 as outlined in this 10-year schedule of the accreditation cycle.