Spring 2016 Commencement
Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Cowles Fieldhouse-Indianola Campus
Graduates please arrive at 9:15 a.m. for line up in Kent Campus Center
Check in at Information Desk, Line up in Hubbell Hall
Friday, April 29, 2016
Baccalaureate – Smith Chapel, 7 p.m. This is an open service for graduates, their families, and friends. There will be no academic procession, and caps and gowns will not be worn.
Senior Reception Matthew Simpson Room – 2nd floor, College Hall. Following Baccalaureate there will be a reception for graduates, their families, and guests. (To avoid stairs, use the ramp on the north side of the building, proceed down the hall to the elevator.)
Saturday, April 30, 2016
RAIN SITE is in EFFECT!
CHECK IN AT THE KENT CENTER INFORMATION DESK. PROCEED TO HUBBELL HALL ONCE CHECKED IN.
Graduation Procession Line-Up, 9:15 a.m. Students should arrive at Kent Campus Center attired in their caps and gowns. Check in at the Kent information desk and you will be given a card numbered to indicate your position in the procession. Go directly upstairs to Hubbell Hall and find your row that matches the information on your card. Faculty will be in Hubbell Hall to help you find your place and to give final instructions. Valuables may be locked in Hubbell and must be picked up by 12:30 p.m.
Commencement Ceremony – Commencement Ceremony – Cowles Fieldhouse, 10 a.m. Doors open at 8:15 a.m. All seating is general seating, no tickets are required. Ushers on duty will be pleased to provide assistance to all guests. Anyone who would like to be seated near the sign language interpreters is asked to express that desire to an usher who will direct them to that specific area. A reception with light refreshments will be held following the ceremony in the Kent Campus Center Atrium and Black Box.
The north section of the Pedestrian Plaza (south of Girard Avenue) is open to two-way traffic to accommodate drop offs only in front of the Kent Campus Center. No parking will be allowed on the Pedestrian Plaza.
You can access the Athletic Complex and Cowles Fieldhouse in the following ways:
- From D Street, enter on the west side of the Athletic Center (including handicapped access ramp) or enter the west entrance to Kent Campus Center and walk through the building and down the stairs to Cowles Fieldhouse;
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter on the east side of the Athletic Complex or through the east side of the Kent Campus Center and walk through the building and down the stairs to Cowles Fieldhouse.
Handicapped parking spaces are located in the Kent Center Parking Lot, McNeill/Hillman Parking Lot, Pote Theater Parking Lot and on D Street.
- From D Street, use ramp on the west side of Athletic Complex down to Cowles Fieldhouse.
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter the Athletic Complex, turn left and take the elevator from the main level to the lower level. When you reach the lower level, proceed down the hallway to Cowles Fieldhouse.
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter the Athletic Complex and turn right to watch the ceremony through the windows above the gym from the “upper hallway” across from the athletic offices. You can also enter from the Pedestrian Plaza through the main entrance to the Kent Campus Center and turn left to access this same space. This area will be equipped with a public address system and air conditioning. (The gym is not air conditioned.)