How to get started

Deciding to attend a college or university can come with many questions. We are here to help you through the process and look forward to having you join the Storm family.

Here are some steps to take to help you start:

  • Apply for Admission – Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning early fall and continuing on a space available basis. Admission to Simpson College is based on your academic record, extracurricular activities, and potential for success in a rigorous liberal arts curriculum.
  • Visit Troy King, Veterans Services Coordinator – He will explain and help you apply for your veterans benefits. You can drop in (Hillman Hall room 12) or set up an appointment by calling 515-961-1246. You’ll want to bring your DD214 and/or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), and the GI Bill Kicker portion of your enlistment contract with you.
  • Apply for Financial Aid – Fill out a FAFSA. It is strongly recommended that all veteran students apply for federal financial aid. Financial aid awards can help bridge the fiscal gap between semesters. Many of our student veterans have received grants to attend college. Please visit the Simpson College Financial Aid Office for additional information which includes suggested application timelines and financial aid disbursement dates.
  • Send us your military transcripts – You may be eligible to receive credit for your military service. All military transcript requests are now run through the Joint Services Transcript request (JST). Please click the links below for websites offering transcript copies and information:
    AARTS Transcript
    SMART Transcript
    CCAF Transcripts

Please have all official transcripts mailed to:
Simpson College
Attn:  Veterans Services Coordinator
701 N C Street
Indianola, IA  50125

Please direct all transcript questions to: 515-961-1246 or email

Look into housing – You can explore our many different housing options.  Note: All of the residence halls at Simpson College are designed to accommodate individuals; we do not have family or married couple housing.