This minor is available only to those students who pursue a major or minor in art, music or theater. This monor will introduce studetnts to the broad areas of economics, management and accounting and how they are applied to careers in art, music and theater through the examination of art-related enterprises and companies. Through the completion of the courses listed below, students will be able to grasp the basic concepts of economics, management and accounting an d how they are integrated into the arts inthe working world through the completion of the arts management course. If the student so chooses, actual experiences in a business/ art environment can be accomplished through the completion of an internship.
- ECON 100 Principles of Economics (4 Credits)
- MGMT 131 Management Concepts (4 Credits)
- ACCT 201 Introduction to Accounding (QR) (4 Credits)
- MGMT 231 Business Law and Ethics 1 (4 Credits)
- VPA 250 Arts Management (4 Credits)
- Arts Management Internship (1-4 Credits)
Total Credits for Art Management Minor: 20 Credits