The Simpson College Office of Admissions is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of competitive undergraduate admissions processes, market trends, diversity, and the college choice process. In addition, the candidate will possess a strong work ethic, demonstrate the ability to take initiative in planning, organizing and implementing multiple projects and show commitment for working as a team member as well as independently. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Several weeks of travel to high schools and college fairs in the fall and spring;
- Conducting on campus interviews with prospective students;
- Utilizing telephone and email contact with prospective students and their families;
- Representing the College to the public and the ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings;
- Providing leadership in achieving the enrollment goals of the college and assisting in the development of the admissions office’s recruitment, communication and marketing plans.
Bachelor’s Degree plus three to five years of admissions or related experience required.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Director of Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA, 50125 or by e-mail (Word format preferred) to: email@example.com It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Date: 5/2/14