Success Story- Marisa MacVey
I am in the class of 2016 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. Last summer I had the opportunity to complete an internship at Mercy Family Medicine Clinic in Indianola, IA. I was able to observe many healthcare providers, as well as observe provider-patient interactions that ranged from infant to geriatrics. I was able to obtain a greater understanding of what duties belong to each healthcare member and how a clinic is organized to function properly. I appreciated how Career Services here at Simpson helped prepare me to obtain my internship. They did not overlook fine details and truly did what they could to help me succeed.
Pre-Health and Pre-Physical Therapy Internships: Partnership with Mercy Clinics
Simpson College students hoping to pursue careers in the medical field will have the opportunity to work with professionals in Mercy Clinics throughout the Greater Des Moines area. The partnership between Simpson and Mercy Clinics Inc. will initially provide internships for three students in pre-physical therapy and three students majoring in pre-health professions.
- Science Center of Iowa
- Warren County Conservation Board
- Indianola Veterinary Clinic
- Mercy Clinics
- Broadlawns Medical Center
- World Food Prize
- Omaha Children's Hospital
- DuPont Pioneer International
- Minnesota Zoo
- Knoxville Dental Care
- Pioneer Hi-bred International, Inc.
- John Stoddard Cancer Research Center
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic
- Blank Park Zoo
- John Hopkins University Research Lab
- Integrated DNA Technologies