Through study and practice, you will get the experience needed to succeed in graduate school and your professional career.
Our current students and alumni will happily tell you: Simpson is the place to be if you are interested in a career in finance.
Top reasons why you should join us at Simpson
- Our major opens doors for you in careers such as banking, finance, insurance or policy analysis, and provides excellent training for advanced studies in MBA or PH.D. programs.
- The coursework combines rigorous analytical training with practical applications led by dedicated faculty driven to help you succeed.
- Small class sizes allow our faculty to provide students with personalized attention and mentoring.
- The capstone course empowers students to combine theory, data collection and statistical techniques to produce high-quality, innovative research.
We’re confident that the strength of our program, combined with the numerous internship opportunities possible in the Des Moines metro area and beyond, provides Simpson finance graduates with bright, successful futures.
Economics: Finance Major
Students will complete ten and a half courses as follows:
- Econ 100 Principles of Economics
- Econ 365 Advanced Microeconomics
- Econ 366 Advanced Macroeconomics
- Econ 386 Econometrics
- Math 135 Elementary Statistics
- Math 151 Calculus I
- Acct 201 Introduction to Accounting
- Econ 337 Investments and Securities
- Econ 338 Eberhart Student Aid Fund (.5)
- Econ 339 Corporation Finance
Choose one of the following:
- Econ 343 International Trade and Finance
- Econ 344 Money and Banking
Want to learn more? Contact our faculty!