Simpson’s Health Services Leadership (HSL) program prepares students with the knowledge and values needed for leadership roles and career success in complex and evolving health industry organizations. Students in the HSL program excel because of the state-of-the-art curriculum, focus on experiential learning, and abundant opportunities to build relationships with regional health industry leaders.
Why Study Health Services Leadership at Simpson College?
- Six of the top 10 fastest growing careers in America are healthcare related.
- There is currently a shortage of qualified individuals to fill key positions in this growing field.
- Simpson’s program was developed with the input and guidance of industry leaders who know the “right now” needs of healthcare and understand the future of the field.
- The HSL program combines important business and management skills with essential components like ethics, psychology, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A degree in HSL prepares students in Simpson’s pre-professional tracks (pre-nursing, pre-medical, pre-physical therapy, pre-dentistry, pre-optometry, pre-pharmacy) to be organizational leaders as well as clinical professionals.
- Simpson’s ideal location near a major metropolitan area populated with healthcare related industries provides opportunities for internships and hands on learning experiences.
WHAT COULD YOUR CAREER PATH LOOK LIKE?
- Project Director » Department Manager » Chief Operating Officer of a Regional Medical Center
- Staff Analyst » Director of Resident Experience » Executive Director of a Senior Living Community
- Physical Therapist » Program Manager » Senior Vice President of Wellness and Community Health in an Integrated Health Services Network.
Our Health Services Leadership program was designed with leaders in the health industry to prepare students with business and finance backgrounds for a host of rewarding career options, from serving as an executive director of a senior living community to working as a physical therapist in an Integrated Health Services Network.