Simpson faculty are among Career Services’ greatest allies in helping Simpson students pursue their academic and career goals. As a respected member of our campus community, leader in your academic field, and connected professional, we hope you will partner with our office to provide the students we all serve with the best career support possible.
Please use this website and the menu options on the left to learn more about what Career Services does and how we can work together.
Refer Your Students to Career Services
Faculty are our top source for student referrals; please direct students to our office for assistance with their career planning and job/internship search processes. We provide a number of individual services by appointment to students and alumni, including:
- Career counseling for students seeking assistance exploring academic and career options
- Part-time, internship, and full-time employment search assistance
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews to help students sharpen their interviewing skills
- Graduate school application support; includes reviewing personal statements and resumes/CVs
Students can make appointments by phone (x1667) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We also offer a number of events throughout the year to help connect students with employers; you and your students are welcome to attend all Career Services events.
How We Can Help You
- Arrange classroom presentations by Career Services staff or off-campus employers by request; can speak on a variety of topics
- Coordinate career-related events (e.g. mock interview clinics, employer information sessions, or workshops) for students in your classes, department, student organization you advise, etc.
- Provide free access for faculty/staff to Simpson CareerPaths, our online job and internship system
- Registration and evaluation coordination for CO-OP 319 internships
- Share guidelines and resources for referring employers to Career Services, referring students to employers, and serving as a professional reference for students
- Consult with one another regarding internship and employment needs specific to students in your area/department; simply contact Career Services at x1667 or email@example.com to arrange a meeting
Learn more about these services by clicking on the corresponding menu items on the left side of the page. Not finding what you’re looking for? Have an idea for how we could work together? Contact us at x1667 or firstname.lastname@example.org!