Simpson College has been afforded the opportunity to fund 150 internships between Spring 2015 and Spring 2018 as part of a Career Ready Internship Grant awarded through the Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation. To read the full press release, click here.
- Internships may take place:
- Spring 2016 or Summer 2016 | 50 total during 2015-2016 academic year
- Fall 2016, Spring 2017 or Summer 2017 | 50 total during 2016-2017 academic year
- Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 | 50 total during 2017-2018 academic year
- Each internship experience will be 120 hours in length
- Junior or Senior class standing
- Demonstrated financial need
- Non or For Profit
- New partners to the college
- For a list of employers who have received funding already, click here
- Internships must take place off campus
- Internships may take place anywhere in the United States
- Grant funds will be used to pay students a wage of $12.00/hour
- Students will have the option to take the internship for academic credit; it will not be required
If you are a student interested in participating in a grant-funded internship, click here.
If you are an employer interested in hosting a grant-funded internship, click here.