- Learn about the types of experiences which will count for credit.
- Determine when an internship best fits into your academic plan.
- Gain advice on when to start searching and with which employers the college has strong relationships.
Step Two: Secure an internship.
- Meet with the staff in Career Development & Civic Engagement to search for experiences.
- Utilize the CD&CE office to develop application materials.
- Schedule a mock interview to strengthen your interview skills.
Step Three: Ask a faculty member to supervise you.
- Request a faculty member from a department related to your internship to supervise the experience.
- Register for the credit before beginning the internship; take the credit at the same time as your internship.
- Align your number of internship credits with the college’s requirements; each credit requires 30 hours on-site and five hours of academic work.
- Plan ahead; you may earn up to 16 total credits of internship prior to graduation.
- Keep tuition in mind: in order to avoid overload tuition fees, try to stay at 19 credits or less during any given semester.
Step Four: Register for academic credit.
- Login to your SC Connect portal.
- Within the “My Links” section, look for the Internship Credit Icon.
- Fill out and submit the online registration form.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.