Simpson College has an opening for a Certified Athletic Trainer Assistant in athletic training that has the potential to matriculate into the Masters of Teaching (MAT) or Transition-to-Teaching Program. This position will include assisting in the day-to-day training room activities, supervision of athletic training students (CI), sport coverage, injury documentation, and additional duties as assigned by the Program Director, Head Athletic Trainer or Clinical Coordinator. Weekend and evening hours and some travel required.
This position will begin August 1, 2015 and is a 10-month appointment. This position will receive an annual stipend of $12,000 and up to two courses tuition waiver per semester. Candidates would be required to apply and be accepted into the MAT or Transition-to-Teaching program independent of hire and have a strong desire for teaching. (Additional information at: http://simpson.edu/ewg/programs/graduate-programs/masters-of-teaching/
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training
- Experience as an undergraduate in a competitive athletic environment
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer’s Board of Certification (or eligibility for certification at the time of employment)
- Eligible for state licensure
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers and visitors
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving patients
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, fast paced environment
Simpson College is a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and a Div. III institution located in Indianola, Iowa, just 12 miles south of Des Moines. Simpson is also a CAATE accredited undergraduate program.
Send letter of application, resume, and list of professional references to:
Department of Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125. Or email to: email@example.com
Simpson has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty, staff, and students. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Posting Date: 5/26/15