Simpson College has an opening for a Certified Athletic Trainer Assistant in athletic training that has the potential to matriculate into the Masters of Teaching Program (MAT). This position will include assisting in the day-to-day training room activities, supervision of athletic training students (CI), sport coverage, injury documentation, and additional duties as assigned by the Program Director or Head Athletic Trainer. Weekend and evening hours required.
This position will begin August 1, 2014 and is a 10-month appointment. This position will receive an annual stipend of $12,000 and up to 8-credit hours for tuition waiver per semester. Candidates would be required to apply and be accepted into the MAT program independent of hire. Additional compensation may be available during the summer months through sport camps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training
- Experience as an undergraduate in a competitive athletic environment
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer’s Board of Certification (or eligibility for certification at the time of employment)
- Eligible for state licensure * Sensitivity to student-athlete issues
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers and visitors
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving patients
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, fast paced environment
Simpson College is a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and a Div. III institution located in Indianola, Iowa, just 12 miles south of Des Moines. Simpson is also a CAATE accredited undergraduate program.
Send letter of application, resume, and list of professional references to:
Department of Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125. Or email to: email@example.com It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Date: 5/28/14