The chemistry major can prepare you for graduate study in chemistry, for teaching chemistry at the high school level or for a career as a professional chemist in government or industrial labs. In addition, this major can prepare you for work in such fields as environmental control and science marketing and sales.
- You will receive hands on experience as Simpson College has several instrument labs with state-of-the-art instruments including a Atomic Force Microscope, gas chromatographs, a FT-Infrared spectrometer, a 60 MHz FT-NMR spectrometer, several UV-VIS absorption spectrometers & a fluorescense spectrometer.
- When you are interested and ready you can be involved in an active research program on Simpson’s campus you may begin. The department has lab space dedicated to student research, which provides not only bench space, but also “office” space for several students who register for separate research credit.
Recent jobs and Internships
- 3M Company
- Clean Harbors Environmental Service
- Food and Drug Administration
- Fred hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation
- John Deere
- Pioneer Hi Bred International, Inc.
- The Cyclotron institute at Texas A&M University
Recent Graduate Schools
- Des Moines University
- Iowa State University
- Miami University
- Northwestern School of Medicine
- Old Dominion University
- Rush Medical College
- Scripps Oceanographic Institute
- Syracuse University
- University of Colorado
- University of Iowa
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Nebraska
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Texas
- Wake Forest University
- Washington University
Ask Dr. Travis Mickle and he’ll tell you straight up … there are no easy A’s at Simpson.