Check out some of the projects and research that students have been working on here at Simpson!
|Student Video Games – See video games created by students as their final project for the CMSC 150 first semester programming class.|
|Student Animations, Week 5 – See animations created by students learning to program, after only their 5th week!|
|Student Images, Week 3 – See images created by students learning to program, after only their 3rd week of learning to program.|
|Student Video Games – These are games that students created Spring 2012. This was their first semester of programming, and by the end each had created their own video game! Click for a YouTube video play list of their games.|
|Cub Scouts and Lego Mindstorms – Project Management students used skills learned in the project management class to put together a wildly successful cub scout meeting, showing students all about Lego Mindstorms.|
|Computer Programming Contest – Students place 2nd out of 48 teams in programming contest.|
|3D Movies – Students team up to create 3D movies using the software Blender.|
|2011 Programming contest – A huge success!|
|iPhone Programs – Need your own mobile phone app? Our students can do that!|
|Computer Games – First semester students in the evening West Des Moines class created these games for their final project.|
|Girl Scouts – Students in the project management class used the skills outlined in the PMBOK to run two girl scout meetings.|
- Identifying Gene Regulatory Networks Using Evolutionary Algorithms – a paper by Carl Davidson selected to be presented at Capitol Hill.
- 3D Movies – Movies created during the 2010 May Term class, Creating 3D Movies
- Astro-trigger – An Flash-based game for testing typing skills. Featuring an original music sound track.
- Dryzzle – A point and click style adventure game with over 1,000 images.
- Brain Busters – Test your math skills against the computer.
- Helicopter – Students used an embedded computer to control a T-Rex 450 helicopter