A student is disrupting class.
- Screaming, cursing, threats of harm to self or others, aggressive/violent/dangerous actions, carrying weapons, etc.
- Security (515-961-1711) can handle most situations.
- In case of emergencies, call 911
A student displays emotional, cognitive or interpersonal concerns.
- Sadness, incontrollable crying, irritability, anger, erratic mood, listlessness, lack of confidence.
- Poor concentration, disorganized thinking, impaired memory.
- Relationship conflict, loss, social difficulties, sexual concerns or inappropriateness.
- Counseling Services provides free counseling to all students (515-961-1556) and offers referrals for students seeking services elsewhere.
- Student Development (515-961-1592) addresses issues regarding judicial, housing or diversity concerns.
- Chaplains (515-961-1610) address spiritual as well as some emotional concerns.
A student who has financial concerns.
- Financial Aid Office (515-961-1630) can provide support and guidance on loans, scholarships, or financial aid.
- Business Office (515-961-1665) can provide information on payments.
A student is experiencing academic struggles.
- Hawley Resource Center (515-961-1524) provides free academic resources to all students including tutoring, academic accommodations, and assistance with writing and study skills.
- Center for Vocation and Integrative Learning (515-961-1667) provides vocational exploration through volunteer service, civic engagement, service-learning, career counseling, internships, job, expos and fairs (job, graduate school, and volunteer).
- Student Support Services (515-961-1230) promotes learning, personal development, and retention of college students who are traditionally under-represented in post-secondary education because of income, family education background, or disability.
A student is experiencing illness or injury.
- Health Services (515-961-1604) is open MWF 8:30-4:30 and TH 9:00-3:00.
- There is a nurse on duty during open hours.
- Also can offer information about health insurance available to students .
- If there is an emergency, or if the health center is closed, please contact Security (515-961-1711) or call 911.