Simpson College a private residential liberal arts college in Indianola, Iowa, has an opening for an assistant volleyball coach. Coaching will account for 50% of the job responsibilities and the remaining 50% will be in one of the following areas: event preparation and management, athletic administration duties, teaching in the exercise science department.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Volleyball coach in the administration and organization of all aspects of the program, including coaching, recruiting and scheduling. Candidates should:
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all areas of volleyball and NCAA/IIAC rules;
- Hold a bachelors degree with athletics/sports emphasis;
- Demonstrable success as a coach or playing experience at the college level;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate student-athletes academically and athletically;
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours;
- And have excellent communications skills to effectively communicate with students, prospective students and their parents.
Candidates should explain in their cover letter how their skill set would address both the coaching and support needs of the athletic department. Duties will be assigned by the Athletics Director based upon the qualifications of the candidate. Candidates wishing to be considered for teaching responsibilities will be required to hold a master’s degree.
Simpson has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty, staff, and students. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups and strongly encourage women and persons of color to apply.
Send letter of application, resume, and names and addresses of three references to: Director of Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125, or by e-mail (Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Simpson College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Date: 4/8/13