Simpson College seeks a qualified individual to join their information services department as the Help Desk Supervisor. This position will be responsible for overseeing responses to help desk inquiries by telephone, e-mail, ticket system and walk-ins, with technology problems. The position will assist students, staff and faculties with technical issues, diagnosing and troubleshooting computer problems related to hardware and software as well as supervise a staff of student workers.
The ideal candidate will be a go-getter and provide great customer service with the ability to:
- oversee the operations of a Help Desk.
- troubleshoot and problem solve.
- handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remaining productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- have a friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- maintain and seek knowledge about current industry-wide support practices and the potential impact on the support business.
- have a working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment used by the College.
- supervise and train a staff of 20-25 students delivering tier one support.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or appropriate work experience is required. Familiarity with a higher education environment is highly preferred. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest with salary requirements or history, resume and three references including address, telephone number and e-mail address to: Director of Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125; firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal education and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities and persons with disabilities. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Date: 7/31/14