Teaching Licensure & Endorsements


If you have your bachelor’s degree and your goal is to become a teacher – we can help. We work with you to help you meet the initial licensure requirements to become an elementary or secondary teacher in Iowa. These programs are available to you at the undergraduate level.

We also offer graduate programs in initial licensure to become a secondary teacher. Please visit our Transition to Teaching and Master of Arts in Teaching program page for more information.

Teaching Endorsements offered at Simpson College

American Government (5-12)
American History (5-12)
Biology (5-12)
Business (5-12)
Chemistry (5-12)
Early Childhood (Pre-K-3)
Elementary Education (K-6)
English/Language Arts
Instructional Strategist I
Journalism (5-12)
Physical Education
Physics (5-12)
Science (K-8)
Social Studies (K-8)
Speech Communication/Theatre
World History (5-12)
World Languages (French, German, Spanish)

*Endorsements are K-12 unless otherwise noted.

Questions? Email the Director of Graduate Teacher Education Programs, Marcy Hahn, or call at 515-961-1389.

 Education Department Brochure