Financial Assistance

Learn more about financial aid for Continuing & Graduate students by checking the following web locations:


  1. Simpson College Office of Financial Assistance
  2. – general information on financial aid with helpful calculators to help you anticipate the types of aid available.
  3. FASTweb – a search engine for scholarships for which you might qualify.




Continuing & Graduate students wishing to be considered for financial assistance at Simpson College must:


  • Submit an application for admission, with supportive data, to the Continuing & Graduate Office of Admissions and be accepted as a student who is eligible to receive a degree or certificate.
  • Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to the processing center, requesting the results be sent to the Office of Financial Assistance at Simpson College. You may complete the FAFSA on-line at
  • If applicable, provide the Business Office with written verification of employment, as well as the amount the student’s employer will pay towards tuition.
  • Continuing & Graduate students who wish to receive financial assistance and who have been inactive for at least one semester must notify the Office of Financial Assistance by telephone in order for their files to be reactivated.


Upon completion of the above requirements, Continuing & Graduate students may be eligible for several types of financial assistance:



The major portion of all financial assistance awarded each year is based on the student’s financial need.  All students are strongly encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).


There is no charge to the student for filing the FAFSA.  The Simpson College federal school code is 001887.  Once the student has been accepted for admission and completed the necessary financial aid forms, the student will be sent a financial assistance award.


Students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, submitted for processing prior to June 30, in order to be eligible for the Iowa Tuition Grant and State of Iowa Teacher Education assistance. Simpson College should be listed on the form.

In completing this form, the student is automatically an applicant for:

  • Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
  • Perkins Loan
  • Stafford Loan
  • College Work Study if applicable