Dedicated in October 1956, this building is named after George Washington Carver, one of Simpson’s most famous alumni. In 1993 Carver Science Center underwent a $9 million expansion and renovation, which added research facilities, classrooms and offices. The building houses the Mathematics and Computer Science Departments as well as the Biology & Environmental Science and Chemistry & Physics Departments. Also located in Carver are various science labs, including a cadaver lab. Three computer labs are located on the ground floor.