Mary Berry, originally named as Ladies Hall, was completed in 1891 and served as the college’s women’s dorm before Kresge was built. In 1908, it was remodeled and renamed Mary Berry in memory of Simpson student and daughter of former president Thomas S. Berry who passed away in 1902. It currently houses the English, History, Philosophy Political Science, Religion, Psychology and World Language Departments. The lower level has classrooms and offices. The second floor contains classrooms and faculty offices. The third floor has more offices and the Farnham Art Gallery, which displays visiting art exhibits as well as the work of Simpson art students. Located on the fourth floor of Mary Berry are the Psychology Department labs.