Smith Chapel

This building, dedicated in October 1968, is the focal point of religious activities at Simpson. It was named in memory of Mrs. Annie Catherine Smith and Henry Gardner Smith. The chapel contains a mobile pipe organ, one of seven in the world, that can be played through the carillon in the bell tower and provide music for the entire campus. Smith Chapel is used for campus worship that is put on by the Religious Life Community, Madrigal Choir concerts and Honors Convocation among other events. Dirlam Lounge, with a cozy fireplace and couches, is used for small-group discussions and meetings. It also houses Holy Grounds, the campus coffee shop. Smith Chapel is also equipped with several classrooms and a music listening lab on the lower level. 

Related Facilities

Contact

515-961-1610 

Reserve This Space

Conferences Office
515 961-1428