Transfer Students

Initial Advising

After payment of your enrollment deposit, the Office of Admissions will arrange an appointment with the faculty or staff member who will act as your academic advisor. Together, you will choose a section of Simpson Colloquium (SC 201) and select the rest of your schedule for your first semester at Simpson.

If the member of the staff or faculty that you meet with prior to the semester starting is a good match for you, that person will remain your academic advisor once the semester begins. In addition, the instructor of your SC 201 course will act as an advisor for you as well.

Arrange a campus visit by calling the campus visit coordinator in the Office of Admissions at 515-961-1660 (locally) or 800-362-2454 (toll-free). Alternatively, contact Michael Norris, director of Transfer Admissions, directly at 515-961-1697.

Transfer Credits

For details about transferring course credits to Simpson, see the Course Credit guide.

If you are a prospective student and want to discuss transfer credits, contact Michael Norris, director of Transfer Admissions, at 515-961-1697.

If you are currently a Simpson student and have questions about transferring course credits, contact the Registrar’s Office at 515-961-1642.

Declaring a Major

You may be ready to declare a major. You will be able to make this official once you are on campus. If you are undecided, or if you begin questioning your original intent, your academic advisor and the instructor of your SC 201 are both good resources for exploring alternatives.

For more information related to the academic programs and majors at Simpson, click here.