One of the most commonly requested accommodations for students with disabilities is use of an alternate testing room, along with extended time for tests and occasionally a modified testing format. At the Hawley Academic Resource Center we have a room specifically designated for alternate testing purposes, and we will work with students and faculty to insure that students with disabilities receive the necessary testing accommodations. The following are both student and faculty responsibilities regarding alternate testing arrangements.
1. The student must provide professional documentation to the Hawley Academic Resource Center regarding his/her disability.
2. The student is to discuss alternative testing arrangements with both the director of the Hawley Academic Resource Center and the faculty member(s) involved.
3. The student is to remind faculty of needed testing accommodations and verify the testing arrangements.
4. The student is to follow up with the Hawley Academic Resource Center and the faculty member if there is a problem with any requested testing accommodation.
1. When a faculty member is approached by a student regarding testing accommodations, he/she should clarify that the student has provided the necessary documentation to the Hawley Academic Resource Center, and he/she should clarify which testing accommodations are necessary.
2. Faculty members are required to bring tests and other exam materials to Hawley if the testing arrangements include the student using the alternate testing room at Hawley. The exam will be hand-delivered to the faculty member when the student is finished.
3. Faculty members are encouraged to contact the director of the Hawley Academic Resource Center with any questions or concerns regarding alternate testing arrangements for students with disabilities.