Simpson College seeks a dynamic individual to oversee the development, planning, implementation and assessment of the internship programs offered by the college. This full-time internship position will report to the Director of Career Services under the Center for Vocation and Integrative Learning (CVIL).
- Strengthen existing and establish new internship partnerships and sites.
- Conduct individual meetings and coaching sessions.
- Coordinate and facilitate individual and group reflection sessions to deepen student thinking.
- Manage the internship webpage.
- Develop marketing and documental materials.
- Oversee internship application process and implement policies and procedures as needed.
- Provide information and development opportunities to faculty.
- Organize activities/events for employers to visit campus and recruit for internships.
- Be conversant and relate to existing departmental career development and vocational models.
The successful candidate will:
Hold a Master’s degree; preference given to Masters in Higher Education/Education, Social Work, Counseling, Human Resources or Business Administration.
Be familiar with internships in a higher education setting preferred; human resources and teaching experience also represent translatable skills.
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Possess outstanding organizational skills.
Be a self-starter and independent worker who also works well in a team setting.
Please send cover letter, resume, name and contact information for three professional references to: Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125 or by e-mail (Word format please) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Simpson College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Date: 1/2/13