What if I forget my password or lock my account?
The Information Technology Services Help Desk can reset your password and unlock your account. Information Technology Services can be reached by phone at 515-961-1411, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can stop by our offices in the lower level of McNeill Hall. Summer Help Desk hours are:
Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How do I change my password?
From https://scconnect.simpson.edu before you log in, click the yellow link that says I want to change my password!
It will take you to a web page where you can change your password by selecting Change Password. You will need your SC Connect user name and password.
Are there password requirements?
Yes, please follow these very important password requirements:
1) Minimum of 6 characters
2) Must be alphanumeric (numbers and letters)
3) Must be mixed case (capital and lower case letters)
4) Must not be similar to your name or your old password.
How do I choose a password?
When you change your password it should have both letters (two upper case) and numbers. Acronyms work very well. An example of a secure password which is an acronym would be (Idw24Gtp) I don’t want 2 4 Get this password.
It is time to change your password if:
- You have revealed your password to anyone else.
- You have written your password down anywhere.
- You have visited another city or campus and logged on to a system there.