Administrative Computing supports the mission of Simpson College through the development, implementation and support of campus-wide information systems to all Simpson College offices.
What We Do:
Administrative Computing manages the planning, development, deployment, integration and maintenance of the administrative systems that support the core business processes of the college. While there are many applications supported by the department, the largest systems supported include:
- Datatel’s Colleague – student and financial information
- Datatel’s Benefactor – donor and alumni information
- StormFront – Web access to student and financial information for students and employees
- Entrinsik’s Informer – Web-accessible reporting system
- Scheduler Plus – activity scheduling
Additionally, we also develop and support integration for critical information to move between Simpson College and outside entities. While the number of entities we interface with continues to grow, some of the more prominent entities are:
- Department of Education
- National Clearing House
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission
Virtually all faculty, students and staff interact with or are affected by these tools in their day-to-day activities. We work closely with our user constituencies to understand and support their needs and priorities and to ensure that administrative systems are aligned with the strategic directions of the college.