Simpson College is happy to offer public access to the Carver Computer General Use Lab. This is the only computer lab available on campus for public use. The following are guidelines for public use of the Carver General Lab.
- You must be 16 years of age or older and show picture identification upon request. If you are not 16 years old, you should be accompanied by a parent in order to use the computer lab.
- You may use the computers in the Carver General Lab at your leisure unless they are needed by Simpson students.
- Headphones may be used for sound. Please keep the volume at a level that will not disturb other patrons who may be studying.
- Installing software on a computer owned by Simpson Colege is not allowed.
- Printing should be minimal (3-5 pages). If you are printing multiple copies of the same document please use the copy machine in the Carver General Lab.
- Viewing pornographic material as well as intentionally and unnecessarily exposing others to material they may find personally unsuitable is strictly prohibited. Transmitting inappropriate images, sounds, or messages to others that might reasonably be considered harassing is also strictly prohibited. Harassment is defined as the creation of an intimidating, hostile or offensive working or educational environment. Computers are electronically monitored by the lab supervisor or lab consultant on duty for violations of these rules.
Violation of any one of the above policies may result in your computer lab privileges being revoked.