Telecommunications supports the mission of Simpson College through the maintenance of existing and the addition of new communication equipment as well as all the telephone, Internet and coaxial cable on campus.
What we do:
Telecommunications manages, maintains, repairs and adds all communication wiring on campus. This includes:
- Telephone lines in all dorms and offices
- Telephone switch
- Students’ room changes and new-student additions
- Employees’ changes and additions
- Network and Internet connections in all dorms and offices
- Network equipment
- Fiber connections between buildings
- Cable TV in all residence halls
Virtually all faculty, students and staff use these communication sources in their day–to–day activities. We work closely with our users to ensure these sources are working for everyone.