How Voicemail Helps You:
- It answers your telephone automatically and plays your personal greeting.
- It accepts and stores voice messages in your voicemail mailbox.
- It lets you send and receive messages anytime, from anywhere.
Points to Note:
- Your greeting may be no longer than 60 seconds long.
- Voicemail messages may be no longer than 90 seconds long.
- You need to hold the receiver down for at least three seconds after using voicemail.
- You may have no more than 10 old or new voicemail messages saved at one time.
Accessing Your Mailbox:
- Dial the voicemail direct access number (x3000 or (515) 962-3000 from off campus).
- Dial your extension number, then press #.
- Dial your password, then press #.
- Press PHMAIL Key on your phone (x3000 if key not available or 962-3000 from off campus).
- Press # if you are at your office phone (dial your extension number, then press# if you are anywhere else).
- Dial your password, then press #.
When you finish using the voicemail system, you can either:
Hang up, or press *76 to disconnect from the voicemail system.
Listening to Your Messages:
- Access your voice mail box.
- Press 3 to listen.
- Access your mailbox.
- Press 1 to record.
Following are some voicemail control features for when you are listening to, recording or leaving voicemail.
|While you listen to your messages…||Press|
|Speed||Decrease Speed of message.||7|
|Increase speed of message.||9|
|Volume||Decrease volume of messages and prompts.||8|
|Increase volume of messages and prompts.||5|
|Headers||Skip current header, play message.||3|
|Skip to previous header.||7|
|Skip to next header.||2|
|Messages||Stop message.continue playback.||*3|
|Replay message from beginning.||* 7 3|
|Replay last few words.||* 7 8|
|Skip next few words.||* 9 8|
|Skip to end of message.||* 9 3|
|Skip to next queue.||* 9 1|
|Save message.||* 4|
|Delete message.||* 6|
|Stop message, skip to next header||* 2|
|Stop message, skip to previous header.||* 7 2|
|Stop message, replay header.||* 7 7|
|End voice mail session.||* 7 6|
|Stop message, return to home state.||* 7 #|
|While you record your messages…||Press|
|Skip instructions on how to record, so you can begin recording your message.||1|
|Stop recording (ready for addressing).||* #|
|Addressing||Enter address extensions, each followed by:||#|
|Special Delivery||Mark return receipt requested.||1|
|Stopping and Pausing||Stop *, continue 1 recording.||* 1|
|Stop recording, start over (rerecord message).||* 6 1|
|Stop recording, cancel delivery of message.||* 6 #|
|Replay||Stop recording, replay what you just recorded.||* 7 3|
|Stop recording, replay last few words.||* 7 8|
|Quit||End session/disconnect from system.||* 7 6|
|Recording messages when voice mail answers yourcall…||Press|
|Recording Messages||Wait for the record tone after the greeting, then, record your message, or,|
|skip the greeting, and record your message now.||1|
|Change your name, greetings, prompt level or password…||Press|
|Personal Greetings||Record or change your personal greeting.||8 1 1|
|While recording the greeting, stop andreplay.||* 7 3|
|While recording greeting, delete andrerecord.||* 6 1|
|When you are finished recording the greeting.||* #|
|Name||Record your name.||8 4 1|
|When you are finished recording you name.||* #|
|Prompts||Change to abbreviated prompts.||9 2 2|
|Change to regular prompts.||9 2 1|
|Password||Change your password.||9 3|
|Enter the new password followed by:||*|
|To transfer out from home state…||Press|
|Transferring Out||Transfer out of the voice mail system.||7 0|
|Transfer (if you have called someone and the voice mail system answers).||0|