Are you interested in Iowa history and working to preserve and promote the history of the state and Midwest? The Iowa History Center is accepting applications for the Iowa History Center Distinguished Scholars Program. Students interested in history, journalism, public policy or related academic fields are encouraged to apply. Scholarships are highly competitive and based on high school academic record, standardized test scores, application, including essay and an interview by the Simpson College history faculty.
Every year, five incoming students will be named Iowa History Center Distinguished Scholars and each will be awarded a renewable annual scholarship of $2,000.
Scholars will work with the Center in various capacities, including:
- Researching annual Iowa History project.
- Hosting our Speaker Series events and having the opportunity to meet and interact with significant scholars, journalists, authors, artists, and state and community leaders.
- Writing and editing the Iowa History Center's newsletter.
- Shaping the Center's future by serving on our Student Advisory Council.
- Developing, marketing, and hosting annual Iowa History Contest