Front Lounge

Items in table top display case

Silver spoon and fork with and “S” engraved on handles (1091 on back)

Silver spoon with chapel engraved in bowl and cut-crystal cup with Simpson College engraved in red-1909 owned by Lerna Fern Miller Smith

Matthew Simpson Bible with letter presented in 1928 by his daughter, S. Elizabeth Simpson

Holy Bible book mark (white and blue)

Freshman Beanie given by Earl “Tex” Hukill ’46 and Edna Putnam Jukill ’42

Paper weight of College Hall Gates presented in 1951 by Mr. and Mrs. Boyd V. Osborn on behalf of class of 1912

Silver spoon with College Hall in bowl. “Mary” is engraved on the handle, ’99 is engraved on back of handle. Mary Berry’s spoon.

1909 Simpson College pennant

Medallion-belonged to Margaret Grimes Wayt ’14

Silver spoon with College seal on handle-from Hortense Miller ’15 or Christine Miller “25. A gift of niece Mary Smart.

Armband from John A. Cunningham ’04

Simpson College luggage tag 1905-1906

Old picture of Simpson students (no date)

Silver spoon with Chapel engraving from Bernard Ripperger (floral-handle)

Picture of Mary Berry

Civil War photograph of Thomas S. Berry

Rebirth of Old Chapel Certificate

Program form the dedication and reopening of the Chapel

4 pictures/postcards of Old Chapel and the gates

Pin with views of College Hall, Science Hall and Ladies Hall-gift of Jean DeMarchi from the button collection of her father, Harry Coatney

Silver spoon with College Chapel in bowl. On back Simpson 23 10/28/05 Cornell 4 Gift of Maurice ’40 and Marjorie Proudfoot.

Items in tall display case:

Belt with Simpson buckle

Indian headdress given by LaVonna Feith in 1987

Handle from Tomahawk trophy

Copy of the “Simpfonian”, Campus Day 1965

Letter sweater-Horace Waltz ’30 given by Margaret Shaw Waltz ’31

Simpson College pillow sham from the president’s home

China shell plate with painting of chapel-Charles Laverty ’38

Pitcher and pottery glass of Chapel-John Hendrickson ’41

Pottery dish with painting of Chapel-Bob and Clarice Day ’49

Five pieces of blue and gold Dresden china-from Maxine Keyes Kimer ’40 belonged to Effie Silliman Kimer

Walking stick signed by class of 1884

Band Uniform and hat (Late 1950s)-Denise Ganfield Knaack ’83

Bell with “Fight Simpson Fight” on it-from Jerald Cunningham ’49

Simpson College Pennant-Wyla Mahr McCarl ’27

Three band tinplates

Red and Gold Song

Simpson College Band Record-from Cleon Herriot and Velta May Herriot ’23

Simpson College Music folder

SIMPSONIAN Jan. 11, 1943

Photograph of newlyweds, Murl Hendrickson and Mary Suman, outside of College Hall in 1914-gift of John F. Hendrickson ’41 and Naomi Adair Hendrickson ’39

Commencement exercise program 1870, gift of Mr. and Mrs. W.C. Magruder from the great-great granddaughter of Brenton Badley, Simpson’s first graduate