From one-on-one instruction and class orientations to electronic handouts and specialized workshops, Instructional Services at Dunn Library strives to bring library resources to the Simpson community in a variety of formats.
- Research Assistance Center Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, other hours available by appointment.
- Individual and group appointments: For big projects or specialized research, librarians are available to work one-on-one and with gropus. Here are some questions to prepare you for your appointment.
- Continuing & Graduate Programs students: Non-traditional students and faculty have access to library services and research databases to help with class assignments.
- Ask a Librarian: Submit an question or comment to a librarian after hours. Most requests are answered in 24 hours.
- Research using online databases: Class demonstrations can be held to show effective searching on any of our databases.
- Information Literacy (IL): An embedded skill in Simpson College General Education curriculum, resources to help create and revise current assignments and projects and address the relationship of Information Literacy to life-long learning.
- Simpson Colloquium (SC101) classes: The librarian and Simpson Colloquium professor work to create library assignments that reflect not only classroom assignments but library research skills as well.
- Workshops: Effective use of the online catalog or any of our other databases are available through the User Education/Research Librarian. Let us know if you or your classes need a tour of the library, reference assistance with a class assignment, orientation sessions for the library catalog or any of the other electronic databases (EBSCOhost, JSTOR, etc.), or subject-specific instruction in research techniques and specialized reference materials. Advance notice is appreciated.
- Continuing & Graduate Programs faculty: Continuing & Graduate Programs faculty is encouraged to introduce their students to library resources.