Please follow these steps in order listed when using the media equipment.
- Turn on the Master Switch. Wait 15 seconds for “warm up”.
- If using a computer, connect VGA cable from ‘black box’ to your computer.
- If using DVD/VCR, press power button on front of DVD/VCR unit.
*Select DVD or VCR using the hand held Remote.
- To identify equipment used with projector, press corresponding button on ‘black box’: computer 1, VCR, DVD, computer 2.
- Turn on projector with button on ‘black box’. At this time, your image should appear on the screen, if not repeat #4.
- If you have problems, refer to “ Trouble Shooting Guide” below.
- Turn off projector with off button on ‘black box’; fan continues to run until cool.
*If you see a light coming from the projector it is still on. Repeat step #6.
Projector must be turned on/off from the ‘black box’.
- Turn off Master Switch on ‘black box’ after shutting down the projector.
Trouble Shooting Guide
- If using laptop: On Mac, change display in control panel.
On PC, right click on the desktop, select Graphic Options, then Output To, next Intel® Dual Display Clone, then select Notebook+Monitor.
- Make sure cables are pushed in completely to computer.
- If you have a distorted or discolored image, the cable is not plugged in completely or check the VGA cable ends to see if a pin is broken or bent. If so the cable needs replaced. Call X1553 for replacement.
- If viewing DVD, the DVD logo will appear on the screen. If not, use remote for DVD/VCR and select ‘DVD’. Remote is also used for selecting chapters.
If viewing video, blue screen will appear upon start up. If not, use remote for DVD/VCR and select ‘VCR’.
- Occasionally you may need to reselect you source. See instructions #4.
- Make sure mute button is turned off on ‘black box’.
- If using a computer, an audio cable needs connected to computer and plugged into computer jack on ‘black box’.
Contact Media Service X1553 for training or additional assistance.